Monday, August 11, 2008

Parents's PC


Built Computer over the weekend for my parents. All the parts, except for the operating system, hard drive and the CD drive,

were purchased from TigerDirect.

  • Windows XP Professional (Education version)
  • Ultra Micro Fly MATX w/400w XV – Case & Power Supply
  • XFX MG-610i-7059 GeForce 7050 Socket 775 - Motherboard
  • Intel Celeron Dual Core E1200 1.6Ghz 512k 800Mhz – Processor
  • Masscool 8W553 Intel Socket 775 CPU Fan
  • CRUCIAL 1024MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHZ -.RAM(Memory)
  • Maxtor 40GB hard drive
  • Hewlett Packard CD-RW Drive
Problems

I had problems finding the pst file for outlook 2003. I was getting worried that I had lost all their contact, calendar, and past email information. Fortunately I had backed up on a regular bases their complete set of "documents and settings" folder. I was able to restore the information by replacing the new "documents and settings" with their backup copy. To do that I had to log in in as administrator in safe mode otherwise some of the files couldn't be replaced.

The "Masscool 8W553 CPU fan" seems to make a lot of noise compaired to the past Masscool 8W553 fan I installed

Note:

No comments: