Friday, November 14, 2008

Spencer's Grill

Had breakfast today with Steve at Spencer's Grill in Kirkwood.  It's a small greasy spoon place that's been around forever and one that I've always intended to visit.  Its a nice little place, and I do mean little, 5 booths, about ten stools at the bar, and three, three chair tables in the back.  If you live in St. Louis county I would definitely recommend stopping by at least once.

When we got there all the booths were full so we sat at the bar right behind the cook at the grill.  I have to say it was fun to watch and it almost tempts me to replace my stove at home with a grill.  I had county fried steak, scrambled eggs, hash browns, OJ and a cup of coffee.  Steve had a pork chop, eggs over easy, hash browns, a side order of biscuits & gravy and a soda. Both meals together totaled $20.  I was really happy with everything I got though I prefer my hash browns more crispy on the outside than they serve them and Steve thought his chop was the saltiest piece of pork he'd eaten.

I will defiantly be back for breakfast.

No comments: