Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day



Thanksgiving day I spent most of the morning lounging around watching the roommate run around trying to be at the parent’s house by 8:00. Did not even come close.

Next I balanced my checkbook with Quicken and for a brief moment I though I might have met my budget for the month till I remembered I started having an extra $25 per paycheck go to my savings account starting tomorrow.

Next was a walk to Creve Coeur Park with the pups.  It could have been a nice peaceful walk around the lake except that I kept getting phone calls from my dad needing tech support on ordering gifts for my brothers kids on Amazon. Its really hard to hold onto two dogs and talk with the brick that is my cell phone.


This guy was out fishing on Creve Coeur Lake for Thanksgiving

I had Thanksgiving dinner at the Feasting Fox with my parents, my aunt & uncle, and Steve. It’s a nice germen restaurant. Though for Thanksgiving they only serve one germen dish, the sauerbraten. In addition they had Turkey with the fixings, roasted pork loin dish, salmon, and a surf n turf dish. I had the turkey. The most interesting topic of conversation I thought was that my ten year old nephew was given $30 to rake the leaves around the house. He contracted out the work to a few of the neighbor kids for $1.50 a piece. I hope he’s willing to take care of my finances in my old age.


Steve found a date at the Feasting Fox!

That night Steve came over and we watched Chuck, Big Bang Theory, and Surviverman. Steve also helped me update flash my Linksys router with the newest version of dd-wrt.

One thought for the day. I noticed that Wal-Mart was open in addition to Walgreens. In addition the news said that Bass Pro stayed open. Though I like the convenience and it dose give people who need the money an opportunity to earn some, I still wish more stores would shut down for the holiday.

No comments: