Thursday, March 13, 2008

Website Review: Hulu - Free TV shows and Movies

I signed up for and watched the first episode of the Rockford Files on Hulu. I have my computer hooked up to a 32 inch TV and I have to say I was impressed with the quality of the streaming video. The show was broken up with the same commercial every so often, but that didn’t bother me. On some shows they seem to have all the episodes and on others there’s just a sampling. I wish their library was more complete. A lot of the shows I would like to see the first episode of. This week end I’ll try watching a movie.

Update: 3/14/08 – Last night i watched a movie. I had no problems with the download rate or the picture quality but.... The placement of commercials was not strategically selected. Commercials, although short, would pop up in the middle of sentences. This makes watching the movie annoying and needs to be fixed. One other thing I'm not sure I like is the occasional placement of banner commercials at the bottom of the screen. Some times it was vary distracting.

The service needs a larger selection and more polishing, but it could be the beginning of the new way to deliver professionally produced TV

No comments: