Friday, March 28, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away!

Wednesday we got lots and lots of rain in the St Louis area. When I got home from work my front gutter was overflowing and falling by my porch and leaking in to the basement. Got out on my porch with a step latter, reached up and tried to pull out any leafs that might have been stopping up the flow of water. Unfortunately that wasn’t the problem. On of the screws holding up the end of the gutter had come loose so the gutter at that end was hanging to that side just enough for the water to pool at that end. After work the next day I climbed up on a latter, fixed the problem and noticed that my gutter is lined with a layer of gunk. I have plastic gutter covers so to clean out the gutter I would first have to remove these then put them back. Because the temperature isn’t vary warm I don’t want to mess with shoving the covers back under the roof shingles while the temperature is so cool, so I’ll have to wait till the weather is warmer.

No comments: