Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Downed Trees

Today I had four more small but problematic trees removed this week by Ottiger Tree Services for $800.  That compared to the $1000 that Ray's  and the $1200 that Hansen's quoted me.  All and all everything went well.  The owner, who seems to be a really good guy liked to talk and offered alot of suggestions on things I could do with my back yard and should do for the health of some of the other trees in my yard. None of which would require his service so he wasn't just trying to bump up the bill.

If you ever get the chance to watch some of these people take down tress that are located in a awkward position (ie. between my house and my neighbors power lines, hanging over my roof and right up against my fence)  do it.  its amazing how they use ropes and pulleys to control the tree and the branches as they are cut off.

My only complaint is that they only take checks and cash and expect payment immediately after the job.  For most people this will not be a problem , but for me, I used my last check over 5 years ago.  All my payments are made by online banking and credit card. 

All and all I would recommend and will call for my own tree removal Otteger Tree Services.

No comments: