Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bad West County Center

One of the many things I like about living in Des Peres, MO is that I have the ability to walk to just about anything I need.

  • Schnucks Groceries store
  • Ace Hardware
  • Walgreens
  • Off the top of my head 10 restaurants
  • Des Peres Park, (fishing pond, paved walking/rollerblading trails, tennis courts, baseball fields, playground, picnic tables with grills.)

We also have a mall, West County Center that is within walking distance. The problem is they seem to have gone to a have gone out of their way to make it hard to access by someone walking to the mall. None of their driveways have a sidewalk so you have to walk down a curvy driveway hoping no one comes around the corner at a ridicules speed.

Really I wouldn't care, but I used to like being able to walk the Barns and Nobel bookstore which has now moved to the mall.

No comments: