Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hair Cut

After going letting my hair grow long (for me) for the holiday photos that will be taken, I walked up to the Great Clips to get my hair cleaned up.   I walked into the shop stood at the desk for awhile(they were really busy), no one came to get my name, so I sat back down to wait.  Someone else came in and they took his name right away. Soo...

I started walking down Manchester to another salon type place in the Schnucks plaza. On the way I started to pass by the "Des Peres Barber Shop".  Ever since I moved to Des Peres I have been telling myself that I needed to try it out so in I went.  I'm glad I did.   First off I was greeted , then growled at by a small dog who I quickly won over by rubbing his butt.  Any place that has a dog on the premises immediately gets points in my book.  My hair was done my Mary, the dogs owner.

It has been years since I have been to a barber.  Since high school I have been going to places like Great Clips with a saloon type feel to them.  For the same price, $15 + tip, Mary washed the back of my neck(kind of a mini massage), trimed my hair lines with a razor rather than electric trimmers, worked on my eyebrows & ears without being asked, and cleaned off my hair with a warm towl.  I dont think I'll ever go back to one of those saloon places again!

They don't seem to have a website but here is the information from the business card I picked up.

Des Peres Barber Shop
Appointments Available
314-822-2636
12023 Manchester Road
Tuesday thru Friday - 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm

No comments: