Sunday, May 4, 2008

Iron Man

Saturday morning Wendy, Steve and I went to see Iron Man at the Wehrenberg Chesterfield Galaxy 14 Cine in Chesterfield, Mo. We went to a 10:30 am show which pleasantly only cost $4 on weekends if pick a movie time before Noon and sat in auditorium 4. One other advantage besides the price was fewer people in the theater. One disadvantage, a lot of younger children come to these early shows.

Back to the movie. Though I have a history of collecting comics, mostly late seventies - early eighties, I never paid much attention to Iron Man and his universe, so I can’t tell you if the movie is true to the comic book character. I will say this, the movie was a lot of fun to watch, had incredible action scenes and is vary humorous. I would definitely recommend it to a comic book fan and I think others will enjoy it also. Fortunately Robert Downey Jr., who admittedly as an actor I’ve never been vary impressed with, not only did an outstanding job as Tony Stark, but has also indicated he would love to do more Iron Man movies.

I definitely look forward to seeing the sequel!

No comments: