Saturday, May 3, 2008

A new month!

I was able to beat my budget last month by $1.08. Wow, that was cutting it close. I'm not sure where all the money went. My biggest expenses were, in order: Mortgage, Utilities and Pet Supplies and maintenance. The coming months are going to be tighter in that I'm starting to put away $100 a month for an emergency cash fund which i sorely need.

I get an extra paycheck this month, because there are five Fridays this month and I get paid every other. I'm also getting the full $600 government stimulus check. Unfortunately they are both going towards paying off replacing my exhaust manifold and other maintenance work done on my car a couple of months ago.

I broke my camera last year on at trip to DC with my cousin when I got salt water on it while taking video of the ocean waves on a side trip to Fenwick Island in Maryland.

My parents are now getting me a new camera, the Canon PowerShot SD750 for my birthday (i think they like seeing my photos and know at family events ill just click away with a digital camera) so in the future there will be more color to this blog.

My foot seems to be getting better. one more week of not doing anything stupid on it should do the trick.

No comments: