Saturday, May 31, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

I, unfortunately, was disappointed with Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. I had high hopes for this film and have been looking forward to seeing it for the last five years, ever since hearing rumors that a news script was in the works. Unfortunately it has the feel of an old Bert Reynolds movie where a group of friends just wanted to get together, drink some beer, and make some money.

This older Indiana seemed to be pattered the Young Indiana Jones TV show, which I never liked. They just seemed to be two different characters.

Im not sure if it was because of the need for secrecy or budget issues but most of the scenes had the feel of being roped off from the real world or on a production stage. They didn't make me believe that they were someplace real, and they never made the danger seem real. This would have made a good "The Mummy Returns" type move staring Brendon Frazer.

If you are any kind of Indie fan at all I would recommend seeing it in the theater. I don't think I would bother renting or buying the DVD. I do hope they taka another shot at making a good Indie movie. Maybe they could bring in Sylvester Stallone as a a consultant

No comments: