Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bad Tree

What a long and stressful week. The tree, for the most part, has been removed. I still have some branches in the neighbors yard that need to be haled away, but every time I try to get out and deal with it something comes up.

The majority of the tree was taken care of on Sunday morning, Bright and early at around 9:00. I think my neighbor next door might be unhappy with my. My roommate dad came over with his chainsaw and started cutting right away. I kinda think my neighbor might have gone to a weading the day before and probably was sleeping off the reception, but I am just guessing.

Another problem is now my roommate doesn't have faith in the back fence so she doesn't want the dogs to go in the back unless they are on a leash. I feel sorry for the pups but at this point I don't have the money (or skill set) to fix it. The problem is; one – the fence is on a slop and it appears the earth below it is moving, Two – she thinks the one of the posts might be rotted out at the base, I haven't seen any rotting at the base and I don't believe there is. And 3 – There are a lot big trees around the fence with large root systems that are pushing the fence back, so digging around them would be really hard if not impossible.

My four biggest home projects are now:

  • Tuck point the chimney
  • Fix the fence
  • Replace garage door and opener
  • Have several problemed trees taken out

No comments: