Friday, July 4, 2008

PC Problems

My TV Computer is sick. A couple of days ago I cam home and sat down to do move some files and it locked up. No problem, just reboot… "problem", my PC stopped on the bios splash screen.

I rebooted over and over hoping for a different outcome (one definition of insanity) to no avail.

I opened the case and reseated the hard drive plugs and switched the ram slots, No luck.

Unplugged everything from the back of the pc except for the power and video cable and low and behold my pc booted up. I narrowed the problem down to my main usb hub and from there have narrowed it down further to the external hard drive I use to record TV shows using Beyond TV.

I will update this post as I do more troubleshooting.

UPDATE 7-5-2008 : Problem is the Western Digital external hard drive. It's less than a year old. Now I wonder if WD will do right by me.

No comments: